4 Keys to a Blessed Life
Psalm 1:1-3: “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”
“Blessed is the man” (Psalm 1:1).
What follows are 4 specific keys that guarantee a blessed life. If you follow these instructions, you are assured of God’s blessing. When you want something to work right for you, follow the owner’s manual. The Bible is God’s written owner’s manual for mankind.
1. Do not walk in the counsel of the ungodly (lost).
· Never, ever seek the advice of the unsaved (Proverbs 14:15).
· Always seek advice from multiple believers (Proverbs 4:26 and 11:14).
· The unsaved give advice that leads to ruin (Proverbs 1:10-16).
2. Don’t stand in the way of sinners.
· Do not socialize regularly with a group of non-believers (II Corinthians 6:14 and 15).
· Seek out and maintain believing friends (Romans 12:10).
· Only believers can provide the fellowship we need (Romans 1:12).
3. Do not sit in the seat of the scornful.
· Try to never let a scornful attitude develop in you.
· Attempt to be as uncritical of others as you can.
· Try your very best to see the good in others.
· Real Christian love “suffereth long” (I Corinthians 13:4).
· Real Christian love will cover a multitude of sins (I Peter 4:8).
4. Delight and meditate on the Law (Word) of the Lord.
· We must develop a fondness for God’s Word (Psalm 119:103).
· We must take it in on a regular basis (Psalm 2).
· It will guide us aright if we allow it to (Psalm 119:105).
If we would but follow these 4 keys, we would all truly have a blessed life. We can take God’s Word for it (Genesis 12:1 & 2 and Titus 1:2).