Can We Really Trust God For Our Future?
Bible Text: Psalm 77:1-13 | Speaker: Pastor James Zaebst
If we look at our current situation and it is bad, or even very bad, can we trust that God has good plans for our future?
If we look at Psalm 77:1-3, there are five points to consider.
1. Psalm 77:1: God always listens, He always hears. Even when we are at our lowest point ever, He hears us (Jonah 2:1 and 2). God is always available and always listening (Psalm 55:17).
2. Psalm 77:2-4: He hears us and He cares. He is listening and interested even when we are in a state of being inconsolable. Instead of worrying, turn your troubles over to God Philippians 4:6 and 7). Rest in God and let Him calm you (Psalm 46:10).
3. Psalm 77:5 and 6: We must remember all of God’s bountiful blessings in our past. Israel had to be repeatedly reminded of God’s blessings in the past (Deuteronomy 32:7-10).
4. Psalm 77:7-10: Set aside the notion that He is done blessing. Once God set aside Israel for a blessing, He never ever considered casting Israel aside (Jeremiah 31:37). What about us (Philippians 1:6)?
5. Psalm 77:11-13: Expect a future blessing because God has richly blessed us in the past. Our future is secure because God richly blessed in the past (Deuteronomy 7:17 and 18). The same God that blessed will bless again (James 1:17).