God’s Plan for Your Illness
God has a specific plan in mind when we suffer with illness and usually it is not just to punish us. Often He uses illness to fulfill His will and plans in your life.
God does seven very specific things through illness.
(1) Through illness He humbles us (Job 25:6).
(2) He uses illness to clearly show us just how truly powerless we are (Isaiah 40:31).
(3) Through illness He makes us better and more effective as Ministers of the Gospel (II Corinthians 12:7-10). He does not just help us overcome the illness. He makes us better through, and as a result of our suffering.
(4) Through illness He makes us better comforters. Only by suffering ourselves can we learn just how to effectively comfort others (Job 16:1-2 and II Corinthians 1:3-4).
(5) Illness demonstrates the value of friends (Ecclesiastes 4:10-12).
(6) It will make you appreciate your spouse more (Proverbs 31:10).
(7) It makes us hope for something better (Romans 8:20-22).