Paul’s Six-Part Prayer for You
- Colossians 1:9: We should pray for fellow Believers continuously without end (Romans 1:9 and I Thessalonians 5:17).
- We should pray that they increase in knowledgeand all spiritual understanding. We should all be praying for, and actively seeking spiritual growth and growth opportunities (I Peter 2:2 and I Corinthians 3:1 and 2).
- Colossians 1:10: We should pray for other believers,and strive ourselves to have a worthy walk(Ephesians 4:1 and I Thessalonians 2:12).
- We should also pray for fruit in our personal ministry and the ministry of others (Romans 7:4).
- Colossians 1:11: We should pray for other Believers to be spiritually strengthened, and pray for our own spiritual strengthening as well (Galatians 6:9 and Isaiah 40:31).
- Colossians 1:12-14: We should pray that our level of thankfulness, as well as the thankfulness of others is raised to ever-increasing heights (Romans 1:18-21 and Ephesians 5:20).
This prayer of Paul’s should serve as a model for our own prayer for others.
This prayer should be the prayer that we desire that others pray for us as well
(I Corinthians 11:1).